This is a fun exercise to test some of your searching skills (including reverse image searches). If you choose to complete the Scavenger Hunt, save the answers to each question in your new Zotero library.
- Find a digital collection compiled from multiple physical institutions/repositories. Identify at least two contributing repositories.
- Find a protected Wikipedia article about a controversial topic in your field.
- Find a public domain film clip depicting a historical event. (Hint: consult the list of digital collections page, https://labs.ssrc.org/dds/articles/digital-collections/)
- Find the homepage for the Roy Rosenzweig Center for History and New Media from 1998. (Hint: Try the Internet Archive’s Wayback Machine)
- Find an 1858 edition of The Argus (Montreal) and The Daily Journal (Wilmington) from a public domain collection.
- Find an audio file that has a creative commons license and allows modification. (Hint: Use Google or Internet Archive)
- Find an image in Getty Images that is in the public domain. Collect links to both the Getty Image and the public domain copy. (Hint: Try reverse image search with TinEye and Google)
- Find the original source image from which this partial image is taken: